|My first home-made lemon curd|
Having seen, that the theme is CITRUS, I have some difficulties in selecting just one recipe, so therefore I have decided to share a selection during this coming month with the rest of guests at this virtual tea table.
While I was making this lemon curd, I was surrounded by the wonderful flavour of lemons and when adding in the butter, I got the buttery flavour notes on top.
- 3 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 2 organic lemons – zest and juice
- 50 g butter – cut into smaller pieces
- Start by adding boiling water to the storage containers/glasses.
- Take the zest from the lemons as well as squeeze the lemons from their juice.
- Whip eggs and sugar together in a bowl, before pouring this mass into a small cooking pot.
- Afterwards add in the lemon zest and juice.
- Heat on the lemon curd mass on low heat, stir very well in the mass, heat the mass until it thickens. The lemon curd must not boil.
- Remove the cooking pot form the heat and stir in the butter and let it melt.
- Pour the lemon curd into the prepared containers/glass and place them in the refrigerator.
- In case you add no preservation to the lemon curd, the shelf-life of it is approx. 1 week, when stored cold in the refrigerator.