Having seen, that the theme is CITRUS, I have some difficulties in selecting just one recipe, so therefore I have decided to share a selection during this coming month with the rest of guests at this virtual tea table.
When you prepare the oranges for this cake you will be surrounded by a wonderful orange flavour in in the entire kitchen. The original recipe is made by Mai Knauer.
Almond Orange Cake:
|Cutting the oranges is like cutting warm butter|
- 2 organic oranges
- 1 liter water
- 1 hand full minced dried apricot
- 1 hand full minced fresh mint
- 6 eggs
- 250 g sugar
- 275 g grounded almonds or almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Wash the oranges. Boil them softly in 1 liter water for 2 hours.
- Cool down the cooked oranges.
- Cut the oranges into minor pieces.
- Add the orange pieces, apricot and mint into a blender and blend everything into a homogeneous mass.
- Whip the egg and sugar together into a thick mass.
- Add almond flour and baking powder into this egg-sugar mass
- Mix the orange puree into this egg-sugar mass.
- Fill the cake dough into a round form with a diameter of 24 cm.
- Bake the cake at 200'C for approx 60 minutes.
|Orange, apricot and mint in the blender - just before I turn it on|
|Blended orange mix with a lovely smell, uhm|