June 22, 2013

Bun with squash


Using this recipe on tea buns as basic I decided to twist the recipe in the direction of squash buns, so I could use the last remaining portion of grated squash in the freezer from last years harvest surplus. And at the same time I could get some buns, which I can use for eating, when I having an evening rowing on the fjord going directly from work to the rowing club without break for an evening meal.

As other suggestions on squash buns, I could also have baked buns using these recipes Lønnestræde´s squash buns or Lønnestræde´s bun wit squash and butter. Anyway it endup with, that I baked these buns.


Buns with squash: 20 buns
  • 100 g butter
  • 500 g milk
  • 25 g yeast
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon Mélange Pain d'épices (mix of various spieces being cinnamon, anise, clove, ginger and cardamon)
  • 2 teaspoon sugar
  • 950 g flour
  • 5 dl grated squash - surplus liquid drained off
  • 1 egg for glazing of the bun dough
  1. Melt the butter.
  2. Stir the yeast and cold milk together, add the melted butter into this liquid.
  3. Add the egg, salt, specie mix and sugar into this liquid.
  4. Add the wheat flour and the drained grated squash in. Knead the dough together, I usual knead for 10 minutes.
  5. After the kneading process, let the dough raise warm for 1½-2 hour.
  6. Divide the dough into equal size buns, I always a kitchen scale for this purpose in order to ensure equal baking of the buns, I target a dough amount of 80 g per bun.
  7. Place the buns a baking tray covered with baking paper, and let the buns raise for another 30-45 minutes.
  8. Heat up the (conventional) oven to 200'C.
  9. Before baking the bun glaze them with an egg being together into a homogeneous mass.
  10. Bake the buns at 200'C for 15-20' minutes in the upper part of then oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...