I found this recipe on brown cake liqueur in the local newspaper and knew at once, that I wanted to make a portion of this liqueur for the coming Christmas guests, as this liqueur/aquavit is recommend served together with coffee and/or tea. So it is used very different compared to the most more traditional Christmas aquavit, which is served at the Christmas lunches.
Brown cake liqueur:
- 10 big or 15 small brown cakes
- 500 ml basic aquavit or plain vodka
- Place the brown cakes in the aquavit
- Let the brown cake infuse the aquavit for 1 week.
- Pass the aquavit through a sieve, afterwards pass it through a coffee filter twice.
- Pour the brown cake liqueur into a storage glass.
- Serve as liqueur together with coffee or tea.