In December Ris à l´amande is THE Christmas dessert in Denmark. And at work it will be served every Friday at lunch, starting from the Friday before the first Sunday in Advent. And some of these dessert portion will actual contain whole almonds, where the lucky finders will be able to pick up a small present in form of Christmas cookies, candy and a mandarine. Even though I have working many years, where I have been working at my present work place, I think I only twice have gotten a portion of ris à l´amande with a whole almond in-side, whereas some of my colleagues have almost a weekly "hit rate" on the whole almond.
This year I have been twisting my "classic" risalamande" into a pink version. Another tiwst this year is, that I have been roasting the chopped almonds. This actually increase the taste of almond in the final dessert.
Pink risalamande (Traditional Danish rice pudding with warm cherry sauce) - 4 persons:
- 75 g almond - without skin, chopped and roasted
- 2-2½ dl dairy whipping cream - 38% fat
- Amarena cherries
- Cook the rice and water in the EasyRice cooker in the microwave oven - 15 minutes - 800 W. Do NOT cook the rice porridge with the milk in the EasyRice cooker as you will damage your Tupperware plastic thing.
- Take the EasyRice cooker out of the microwave oven.
- Add the milk together with vanilla corns as well as the vanilla pod in the Mircroplus pot. Heat it up to the boiling point.
- Mix the warm milk with the rice in the EasyRice cooker and leave it for 10 minute. Also add sugar.
- After 10 minutes cold down the rice porridge.
- Store the rice porridge cold for 3-4 hours or night over.
- Whip the cream.
- Remove the vanilla pot from the rice porrigde
- Mix cold rice porridge, almond splits and syrup from Amarena cherries.
- Gentle mix in the whipped cream.
- Let the rest for another 1-2 hours.
- Serve the risalamande with 4-5 Amarena cherries and some of the syrup.
- Enjoy and merry Christmas :-)