Enjoying that the spring is coming to Denmark with small steps, so therefore I decided to make risotto. Risotto is a very easy dish to make, it takes time to make, but it is not complicated. And any left over can be enjoyed as an easy left over dish later on in the week.
Spring risotto: 3-4 servings
- 1 onion - medium chopped
- 1 leek -finely sliced
- 3 carrots - peeled and finely chopped
- 20 g butter
- 200 g risotto rice
- 1 dl white wine
- 7 dl vegetable stock
- 100 - 150 g Edam beans
- 100 g bacon - fried
- Parmesan cheese
- Chopped all the vegetable in the desired size.
- Heat up the butter in a bigger cooking pot. Add the chopped onion, sliced leek and chopped carrots and fry them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice stir them around for 1 minute to absorb the butter.
- Pour in the white wine on top of the vegetable and rice and let the wine cook at lower heat, until the majority of the wine has boiled away.
- Afterwards add the warm vegetable stock little by little, let the rice absorb most of the liquid, before adding more vegetable stock. This part of the cooking process takes approx. 20 minutes. Keep stirring regular.
- When there is 1 dl vegetable stock left, add this vegetable stock and Edan beans. Doing it like this means, that these vegetable will not do be over-cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the risotto with grated Parmesan and fried bacon on the serving plates/bowls.
- Serve together with the white wine.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.