Today it is Good Friday (Langfredag) being the second day of the Danish Easter vacation. So today, I will enjoy my vacation time with a home-made bun for the blog post for my Easter Calendar 2020.
I have used this recipe on bun with poppy seeds as inspiration (replacing the poppy seeds with chopped milk chocolate.
Buns with chocolate: - 10 buns
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 100 g butter - cut into medium pieces
- 100 g milk
- 1 egg
- 125 g sour cream, 18% fat
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 400 g wheat flour
- 40 g milk chocolate - medium chopped
- Weigh all the ingredients into the mixing bowl, keeping the sugar & salt away from the yeast. The chopped chocolate is first added towards the end of the kneading process.
- Knead the dough at speed 1 on the stand-alone mixer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the chopped milk chocolate.
- Knead the dough at speed 4 for 2 minutes.
- The dough will have a soft/sticky feeling.
- Place the dough in a mixing bowl, which can be closed with a lid.
- Raise the dough at ambient temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Fill the dough into egg shape silicone form.
- Raise the dough warm for 20-40 minutes.
- Heat up the fan oven to 190'C.
- Bake the buns at 190'C for 15 minutes.
- Cool down the buns, before serving them.