So when I found this recipe in a magazine, I teared it out of it and since when it have one of my favourite bun recipes.
- 200 g milk
- 10 g (fresh) yeast
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 500 g wheat flour
- 50 g orange peel
- 50 g sucat
- 50 g raisins
- 75 g butter
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk. Add egg, salt and sugar as well into the milk.
- Add the flour.
- Knead the dough together for 10 minutes.
- Let the dough rest cold for 8-12 hours.
- Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Knead the butter, orange peel, sucat and raisins into the dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 buns.
- Let the bun raise for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200'C (conventional oven)
- Coat the buns with egg (1 egg whipped together)
- Bake the buns at 200'C for 15 minutes.
- Serve the buns together with some butter !!!
Hi what is sucat?ReplyDelete
sucat is the peel of un-matured lemons, which have been candied. So green coloured candied lemon-flavour lemon peel. You either LOVE the taste or you hate the taste. I am of the lovers of sucat.
Many kitchen greeting Kiki