I found the recipe on Chokokos in a Tupperware brochure. As it looked relative easy to make, I decided to make a go at it. As you using Mascarpone (Italian cream cheese) in this Christmas candy without any cooking involved, you need to store it in the refrigerator and I evaluated the shelf-life to be maximum 1 week. So it as close as possible to Christmas or the actual eating occasion.
The Chokokos has a pleasant taste of coconut, the sweetness is OK, but they could not be sweeter according to my taste bud. It is a difficult to taste the white chocolate. A twist to this Christmas candy could be remove the white chocolate from the recipe and instead of coat these coconut bites with either milk or dark chocolate like Bounty chocolate ?
- 50 g white chocolate
- 125 g Mascarpone
- 50 g sugar
- 125 g desiccated coconut
- Melt the white chocolate - I use the microwave oven for this purpose.
- Add the Mascarpone cheese into a mixing bowl and whip it.
- Add sugar and whit it into the Mascarpone cheese.
- Add the melted white chocolate and whip it into the mix.
- Add the desiccated coconut and stir it well into the mass.
- Fill the mass into a silicone form.
- Place the silicone form in the refrigerator for minimum 4 hours or the night over.
- Remove the Chokokos from the silicone form.
- Enjoy and Merry Christmas :-)
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.