If I should make a list over my favourite vegetable, cauliflower would never ever find itself on this list of mine !!!! When I receive cauliflower in my weekly vegetable box, I am always in doubt what to do with this vegetable. I am still on the look out for a perfect recipe, which I can turn to, when I yet again find cauliflower in my weekly box of vegetable.
This time, I decided to take inspiration from this recipe on potato soup, replacing all the potatoes with cauliflower. It is an OK soup and also a good way of getting ride of cauliflower. However, I think, there still is room for improvement/modification, so it could turn into a perfect of using cauliflower in the future.
Lønnestræde Cauliflower soup - serves 2:
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 0.85 l water/vegetable stock
- 100-150 g dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
- salt & pepper
- Cut the cauliflower, onions and garlic into smaller pieces
- Add the vegetable into the cooking pot
- Add also the water/vegetable stock in the cooking pot
- Cook for 15-20 minutes
- Blend everything together into a homogeneous mass
- Add the cream
- Season with salt and pepper