I found this recipe among several Dansukker recipes on muscovado sugar. However, instead of making one big pie, I decided to make several smaller pies as single servings. This means, that you are changing the ratio between the pie and the it´s filling, so you end up with more filling than necessary making smaller pies instead of one big tart. But every one tasting these pies did not mind getting more caramel filling :-)
I only have one comment to the pie: it taste GREAT :-)
Pie with caramel filling and nuts: - 12 small pies or one big pie
- 175 g (cake) wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 100 g butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoon cold water
- 90 g light miscovado sugar
- 1½ dl light sugar syrup
- 150 g dairy whipping cream, 38% fat
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 75 g butter
- 200 g nuts (50 g hazel nuts, 50 g almonds, 50 walnuts & 50 g pecan)
- Heat up the (conventional) oven to 225'C
- Mix the ingredients to the pie dough together in a food processor.
- Roll the pie dough dough out on baking paper, use a glass with a diameter of 8.5 cm to cut out small pieces of pie dough.
- Use a muffin form as small pie form, covering each muffin hole with a piece of pie dough
- Bake the pie dough at 225'C for 10 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Remove the small pies and let them cool down.
- Mix muscovado sugar, sugar syrup, dairy whipping cream, cocoa powder and vanilla sugar together in a small cooking pot. Let it softly boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cooking pot from the heat and add the butter into the warm sugar mass. Stir well and let the butter melt.
- Cut the various nuts into bigger chunks. Add the nuts chunks into the caramel mass.
- Fill the caramel nut filling into the small pies. As there is more filling, it is a good thing to keep the pies in the muffins form to control the caramel nut filling within certain frames, otherwise the filling will run away and be every where.
- Place pies in the refrigerator for minimum 3 hours, before serving the pies.
Mmmm de ser super gode ut! Takk for alle de deilige oppskrifter du legger ut:)ReplyDelete
Klem fra Ellen
Hej Ellen !Delete
Tusind tak for din dejlige kommentar :-) Kirsten