October 15, 2013

Lavender honey flapjacks with extra lavender


After my first attempt on making fruit and mixed seed flapjacks for the monthly Tea Time Treat blogging event I have become a little attracted on these flapjacks. Some how they remind about one of my childhood favourite in form of mixing oat flakes with sugar and when just eating the dry-mix as a "sweet treat". Flapjacks are containing these two things combined with yet another good thing butter - plenty of butter !

So when I was looking through the September 2013 Tea Time Treats round up, I found an interesting recipe made by Lavender and Lovage made from lavender honey, oat flakes, sugar and butter, and I just knew at once, that I needed to try out this recipe, as I have am having an attraction towards using flowers in my food.

I decided to add in some extra dried lavender, doing my best to constraint myself keeping the dosage down to 1/4 of teaspoon full. I think this extra addition of lavender would give my good girl friend in Horsens a serious nightmare, when she reads this post on something containing lavender !!!! as she is still recovering from these meringues with lavender and orange bloom.

Lavender honey flapjacks with extra lavender: - 12 flapjacks
  • 3 tablespoons lavender honey
  • 125 g butter
  • a pinch of sea salt
  • 75 g soft brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon lavender - optimal
  • 250 oat flakes
  1. Heat up the (conventional) oven to 200'C.
  2. Cover a 20 x 25 cm baking tray with baking paper.
  3. Melt the butter, lavender honey, salt, sugar and lavender together in a small cooking pot over medium heat, until it is bubbling.
  4. Add the oat flakes into this mass and mix everything well together.
  5. Add this mix into the baking tray and use the cooking spoon to press the mass even into the baking tray.
  6. Bake the flapjack at 200'C for 20 minutes or until the flapjacks are just browning around the edges.
  7. Use a sharp knife to cut the warm flapjack mass into squares.
  8. Let the flapjacks cool down in the baking tray, before storing them in a airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...