Rhubarb and white chocolate in a match made in heaven :-)
However, I was not too happy about the dough consistency of these cookies with oat flakes, rhubarb and white chocolate, as I found the dough to be too moist/wet. Therefore I decided to use this recipe on liquorice cookies with cranberries, as it is more firm in consistency, making myself a new portion of cookies with rhubarb and white chocolate. Hopefully you will enjoy these cookies just as much !
Cookies with rhubarb and white chocolate:
- 250 g (cake) wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 190 g cold butter - diced in small squares
- 250 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 100 g rhubarb - chopped in a length of 3-4 mm
- 100 g white chocolate - finely chopped
- Sieve the wheat flour and baking powder in the mixing bowl. Add in the salt and butter squares.
- Mix on KitchenAid using the K-spade on speed 3-4, until the butter has disappeared into the cookie dough.
- Add in the sugar and egg. Mix until the cookie dough just gathers. Over mixing will give cookies with less crispness.
- Add in the rhubarb and white chocolate pieces, mix until evenly distributed.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions of 400 g each.
- Roll the cookie dough into longer strings. Cover each cookie string in baking paper.
- Place the cookies dough cold, either in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Heat the (conventional) oven to 200'C
- Cut the firm cookie dough into slices of 1 cm.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake the cookies in the upper part of the oven at 200'C for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool down the cookies, before storing them in airtight containers.