June 14, 2014

Brioche a la Lékué


I am in the process of familiarising myself with the Lékué bread form, which I got as one of the birthday gifts from my rowing friends. This bread form came along with a small recipe booklet, which I am testing out. This time it is brioche recipe, which I tried in my little kitchen.

As a first remark my version of the brioche does look anything like the picture in the recipe booklet, but the taste is amazing, so why care about photo shopped picture !!!!

It is possible to use the bowl shape of the Lékué bread from as a kneading form for hand kneading. However, ever since my trustworthy kitchen helper has moved in, I am using my KitchenAid for all my bread kneading.

Brioche a la Lékué: - 1 bread
  • 250 g wheat flour
  • 100 ml water
  • 8 g yeast
  • 20 g sugar
  • 64 g milk
  • 4 g salt
  • 44 g butter - room temperature
  • 1 egg
  1. Weigh all the ingredients into the mixing bowl except for the butter and egg.
  2. Knead everything together on the Kitchen Aid using speed 2 for 4-6 minutes.
  3. Cut the butter into smaller pieces, which is added to the bread dough. Knead in the butter on speed 2 for another 3-4 minutes.
  4. Put the bread dough into the Lékué bread form for raising at room temperature for 2 hours. Cover the bread form with a tea towel.
  5. Slight knead the dough together, before shaping it into a bread shape. Let it raise for another 1 hour at room temperature in a closed bread form.
  6. Place the bread dough in the closed Lékué bread form in a closed oven without heat over a bowl full of boiling water for another 30 minutes of raising.
  7. Remove the dough from the oven. Heat up the (conventional) oven to 180'C.
  8. Bake the dough in a closed Lékué bread form in the lower part of the oven for 40-45 minutes at 180'C.
  9. Cool down the brioche on a oven grid.

2 comments:

  1. I followed the instructions in the the booklet and it read as if I should knead the egg in with all the ingredients. I think this was a huge mistake and I've aoa runny mess! An hour of kneading and a little extra flour and it will finally make a loaf shape...taste test will be tomorrow next time I'm holding the egg back just for the brushing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on the Lekue recipe book, the egg SHOULD NOT be added to ingredient mix. After the first rise, you brush the loaf with the egg wash and let loaf rest for 1 hour. Then again brush with the egg wash and make slits on the bread loaf and bake.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...