September 12, 2014

Lønnestræde´s blackberry rum with liquorice root


Eventhough my good working colleague with a garden full of rhubarb and blackberry has retired, I still get a regular supply of these key ingredients finding it´s way from his garden to my kitchen. So a HUGE BIG thank you to this great ex-colleague :-)

This year I have decided to twist the basic recipe on Lønnestræde´s blackberry rum with liquorice root from liqueur with cherry and liquorice root. I was wondering, if I should have added into some lemon zest. It was not done, but when I have a new modification yet already for the 2015 version on Lønnestræde blackberry rum :-)


Blackberry rum: - 0.7 l rum
  • 200 g blackberries
  • 200 g sugar
  • 2 liquorice roots
  • 0.7 l rum (light)
  1. Add boiling water to a glass bottle - leave for 4-5 minutes - empty the bottle.
  2. Bank the liquorice roots with a rolling pin to open up these roots.
  3. Place blackberries, liquorice roots and sugar into the storage glass. Pour the rum into the glass as well.
  4. Fill the bottle up with rum (light).
  5. Close the bottle.
  6. Place in a dark place.
  7. Shake the bottle regular to dissolve the sugar, which is found at bottom.
  8. Be patient !!!!! The blackberry rum should be drinkable around Christmas time !!!!!
  9. Remove the blackberry, before drinking this rum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...