December 07, 2014

Tea shopping in Amsterdam



Last week I spend four days in Amsterdam in connection with work and participation with stand duty at HiE 2014. It can be though for your feets with three days of stand duty, as you spend quiet some time standing up.

Luckily I had some time for a little sight seeing around the city centre of Amsterdam on the day of arrival, where I went by both the tulip and cheese museum. The cheese museum has a great exhibition in the cellar about cheese production as well as a photo gallery, where you could take pictures with old-style cloth and cheese models. On the ground floor of the cheese museum you can taste various Dutch Gouda cheese.


I also managed to find two tea shops (Simon Lévelt & Citea), so I could return with five bags of tea, which I will enjoy in my tea pot.
I also located a small ceramic shop JC Herman , where I brought another tea cup and bowl for my green ceramic tea set. 


Finally I was stocking up at the airport with some more Dutch specialities such as speculoos paste, caramel filled waffles and milk chocolate sprinkles for using on bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...