The TUC cake recipe is one of my most overall popular blog posts, so I decided to twist this recipe into a perhaps coming classic Christmas cake recipe ?
I replaced the hazel nuts with almonds, as some people are allergy to hazel nuts. And besides from vanilla sugar I have added into some German Lebkuchen spice. Cinnamon alone or combination of cinnamon, cardamon, ginger and cloves could be another option, if you have no Lebkuchen spice in your kitchen.
- 150 g TUC biscuits / salty biscuits
- 350 g sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoon Lebkuchen spice
- 200 g almonds
- 7-8 egg whites
- Grind the almonds.
- Crush the biscuits into a fine powder
- Blend the egg white into the dry powders
- Pour into a baking form, diameter 22 cm
- Bake at 175'C for 30-40 minutes