For today I have decided to make a "dark" twist to this recipe on butter cookies with lemon by replacing the lemon zest with orange zest and cocoa powder. As usual I am using BUTTER for my butter cookies.
I have to brag about, that I with this particular flavour combination have found a EXCELLENT, PERFECT TASTE !!!!!!
And I continue wit struggle with getting the pressed cookie dough to stick to the baking paper, so if you have suggestion on this topic, please feel free to leave a comment with your advise.
Butter cookie with cocoa and orange:
- 250 g (cake) flour
- 50 g (unsweet) cocoa powder
- 100 icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 200 g butter - with ambient temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- zest of 1 organic orange
- Heat the (conventional) oven to 200'C.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl, kneaded them together in homogeneous mass.
- Shape the dough in smaller rolls.
- Fill a roll of cookie dough into the pastry press.
- Place the selected shape disk in the ring and screw the pastry press together.
- Press the dough onto a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake the cookies at 200'C for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool down the cookies after baking, before filling the glass jar with your cookie creations.
they look and taste yummi :-) Kirsten