I have found a starting recipe on the blog called "Maden i mit liv", which I have twisted a little adding some more spices. And after a good discussion with my local "tea pusher" I was advised to use Assam tea instead of the Earl Grey used "Maden i mit liv", as the bergamot flavour could overwhelm the spices.
After tasting this Christmas Tea today at work with some good work colleagues, we discussed, that the bergamot flavour in Earl Grey could be a good twist to this Christmas Tea. So I will leave this "difficult" decision in your capable hand :-)
Christmas Tea: - 100 g tea
- 100 g Assam tea
- Orange (organic) - only the peel
- 3 star anise
- 10 cloves
- 5 all spices
- 2 small cinnamon stick
- 15 cardamon capsules
- Use a potato peeler in order to remove the peel in a thin layer of the orange
- Dry the orange peel at 75'C for 1 hour
- Cut the dried orange peel into small pieces. I used a scissor for this purpose.
- Add the dried spices into a freezing bag, hit the spices with a rolling pin.
- Mix the tea with broken spices and the small pieces of dry orange peel.
- Let the tea stand for a few hours, before making the first cup/pot of tea.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.