December 02, 2012

Christmas Calendar 2012 Day 2 - Dividing the Rumtopf

Rumtopf 2012
The first kitchen activity in this year´s Christmas Calendar was to divide the content of the entire Rumtopf into smaller portions, so all the stakeholders providing summer fruit from their gardens to this Summer Challenge of mine would their fair share of the Rumtopf.

There still is a good amount of Rumtopf in the pot for my good friends from Horsens, who will collect this next week-end.

Now I just have to figure out, how I will served this Rumtopf ? Should I drink the rum, served the fruit pieces to ice cream or serve them with whipped cream ? I will keep you posted on, how I "consume" my part of the Rumtopf.

Rumtopf of 2012:

Who is looking up from the "black hole" of rum ?
  • Rhubarb + sugar
  • 580 g strawberries   
  • 290 g sugar
  • 318 g red currants
  • 157 g sugar
  • 160 g raspberries
  • 80 g sugar
  • 124 g white red currant
  • 62 g sugar
  • 475 g blackcurrants
  • 238 g sugar
  • 272 g plums
  • 132 g sugar
  • 468 g blackberries
  • 234 g sugar
  • 680 g Autumn raspberries
  • 340 g sugar
  • Rum, rum and yet some more rum

My part of the Rumtopf
This morning I together with a group of rowers spend some time walking a  charity walk called Julemærkemarchen, 11 km in snow covered part of Vejle. And we even got a medal :-)


Being the first Sunday in Advent I also got to light the very fist candle in the Advents wreath. In my family we light one candle for the first Sunday in Advent, two candles for the second of Advent, three candles for the third Sunday in Advent and finally four candles for the forth Sunday of Advent.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...