|Hannibal resting together with the stollen dough, while it is raising|
I have been struggling a bit with the first recipe, as the translation from German to English did NOT include a translation of the baking temperature for both conventional oven and fan oven, so in my first trial I ended up baking the Christstollen at too high temperature !!!!
Christstollen: - 1 cake
- 400 g flour
- 40 g yeast
- 125 g milk
- 200 g butter - soft
- 100 g sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 g Christstollen spice - optional
- 1 egg
- 100 marzipan - grated
- 250 g sultanas
- 50 g sucat
- 50 g orange peel (candied)
- 40 g rum
- 100 g almonds (without peel) - chopped
- 50 g butter - melted
- icing sugar
- Dissolve the yeast together with a teaspoon of the sugar in the milk. Add in the flour. The dough is having crumble structure.
- Raise the dough for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the rum and sultanas together and let it rest until needed.
- Add soft butter, egg, sugar, grated marzipan, and salt to the dough mixture. Knead it together.
- Raise the dough again for another 45 minutes.
- Heat the (conventional) oven to 180'C !!!!
- Add the chopped almonds, sultanas in rum, sucat and candied orange peel to the dough. Knead everything together.
- Grease the stollen form with butter or oil.
- Fill in the stollen form with stollen dough.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper. Turn the stollen form up side down, so the stollen dough is covered by the stollen form, when it is baked in the oven.
- After 55 minutes baking remove the stollen form.
- Bake the stollen for another 20 minutes.
- After a total baking time of 75 minutes, remove the stollen from the oven.
- Brush the warm Christstollen with melted butter.
- After the Christstollen is cooled down or before serving it sprinkled it with icing sugar.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.