Among the various recipes, which I received from my good Australian colleague, was this recipe on Raspberry Walnut Slice, which I decided to make as well in order to bring some fruit, light flavour into my little kitchen. It is a cake, which is not heavy in any way, which many Christmas cakes can be in both taste and calories. Well I have no idea about the calorie content in this one, I mean it does contain BUTTER.
Raspberry Walnut Slice:
- 150 g butter - soft
- 110 g icing sugar - sifted
- 260 g (cake) flour - sifted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 60 g walnut - chopped
- 300 g raspberries
- Preheat the (conventional) oven to 180'C.
- Cover a baking tray of 20 x 30 cm in baking paper.
- Whip the soft butter and sifted icing sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the cinnamon, followed by sifted flour and chopped nuts. The dough looks crumbly.
- Place 2½ dl of the cake mix aside for later use. Press the rest of the cake into the baking tray.
- Place the raspberries on top.
- Sprinkle with left-over cake crumble.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 180'C for 40 minutes.
- Cool down the cake, before cutting into slices.