This is a dish, which does not require many ingredients, you only need ingredients, which you normally will have basic ingredients in kitchen as most of them are having a long shelf-life.
I really am a big fan of risotto. Making risotto may require some cooking time in a busy daily life, but if you a bigger portion than needed, you can freeze the rest for those working days, where 10 minutes preparation time is maximum and still enjoy a home-made meal.
If you are not going to eat all of the risotto at the same meal, it is important, that you do not mix in the parsley, in this case you should use the parsley only on the risotto, which will be eaten. Parsley contains earth bacteria, which can become a microbiological problems, if stored and re-heated again.
Risotto with mushrooms: - 2 servings
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 clove of garlic - finely chopped
- 250 g mushroom - i smaller pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g risotto rice
- 1 dl white wine
- 5 dl vegetable stock - warm
- 20-25 g butter - i smaller pieces
- Parmesan cheese - grated
- parsley - chopped
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Chopped all the vegetable in the desired size.
- Heat up the olive oil in a bigger cooking pot. Add all the vegetable and fry them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and stir them around for 1 minute to absorb the oil.
- Pour in the white wine on top of the vegetable and rice and let the wine cook at lower heat, until the majority of the wine has boiled away.
- Afterwards add the warm vegetable stock little by little, let the rice absorb most of the liquid, before adding more vegetable stock. This part of the cooking process takes approx. 20 minutes.Keep stirring regular.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the smaller butter pieces and let them melt into the risotto.
- Serve the risotto with grated Parmesan and chopped parsley on the serving plates/bowls.
- Serve together with the white wine.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.