|A bottle of liquid gold ?
Again I used this recipe on hyldeblomst likør as starting point. I must admit, that it feels a little bite like Christmas, where you have to wait for almost one month, before you can finally open your Christmas presents. I have exactly the same feeling about, when I an going to taste the very first drop of elder flower liqueur in one month time.
Anyway let´s get back to business and let me share the recipe on my version of elder flower liqueur with you.
Elder flower liqueur:
- 7 dl elder flower aquavita
- 4 teaspoons of honey
- ½ lemon (organic) - only the zest
- Start by sterilising the bottle with boiling water.
- Add the honey, lemon zest and elder flower aquavita into the bottle.
- Store the bottle in a dark place and shake it from time to time.
- Let the lemon zest infuse the elder flower liqueur for one month, before you remove it by passing the liqueur through a funnel covered with coffee filter paper.
- Pour the elder flower liqueur into a new sterilised bottle.
- Consider to add more honey, if you would a more sweet liqueur.
- Enjoy :-)