Today you could celebrate Valentines Day making these Ruby Romance scones for your very own Valentine. I have used this recipe on plain yogurt scones as starting point.
The romantic/Valentine twist is the addition of cranberries and ruby chocolate, and I have replaced the plain yogurt with raspberry-rhubarb yogurt to both get some red colour parts for romance, and as I find ruby chocolate to have fresh fruitiness in the flavour, I think that the use of use of both cranberries as well as fruit yogurt can help to boost this fruity flavour.
If you do not have red fruit yogurt, you also use normal plain yogurt or thick milk, so there is no need to buy a special type of yogurt for the baking of these scones.
Ruby Romance Scones: 12-16 scones
- 350 g wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g sugar
- 85 g butter - diced into small pieces
- 50 g dried cranberries - medium chopped
- 40 g ruby chocolate - medium chopped
- 190 g red fruit yogurt
- egg wash
- Cover a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, orange zest and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter pieces, rub in the butter using only your fingers, until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Afterward add in the chopped cranberries and ruby chocolate.
- Make a hole in the mixture, where the yogurt is pour into. Knead the scone dough together, until it is soft.
- Roll out the scone dough in a thickness of 2-3 cm.
- Cut out the scones from the dough using a cutter. Do not twist the cutter, while doing this.
- Turn the scone up side down, when it is placed on the baking tray.
- Or press the scone dough into heart-shaped silicone form.
- Let the scones raise for 15-30 minutes prior to baking or even more.
- Before making, brush the the top of the scones with egg wash (only the top, as this affect the raising of the scone during baking).
- Bake the scones at 200'C for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Cold down prior to serving.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.