For Valentine Days I also created this Valentine cheese cake besides these Ruby Romance scones.
As starting point for the cheese cake I used this recipe on Champagne cheese cake with various modifications. The biscuit layer as the traditional biscuit layer made from Digestive biscuits and butter.
I worked with two different cheese cake fillings. The first filling was a more basic filling of cream cheese, icing sugar and gelatine with addtion of raspberry cordial for flavour purpose.
The second was a mixture of cream cheese, full fat sour cream, icing sugar, gelatine with the addition of ruby chocolate. I have heard, that if you want to maintain the pink colour of ruby chocolate, it is important, that the pH of the base is not neutral, but to the acidic/sour side. This is the reason, why I used sour cream instead of normal whipping cream to dissolved the melted ruby chocolate into.
Valentine Cheese Cake: - 10-12 servings
- Biscuit bottom:
- 200 digestive biscuits
- 130 g butter - melted
- Cake mass:
- 5 sheets of gelatine
- 400 g plain full fat cream cheese
- 250 g sour cream, 38% fat
- 150 g icing sugar
- 150 g ruby chocolate - melted
- 5-10 cl raspberry cordial
- Break the digestive biscuits into small pieces using a rolling pin. Place the biscuits in a freezing bag, so you can control the whereabouts of the cakes.
- Melt the butter.
- Stir the butter and biscuits together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Afterwards press the mass into the bottom of the spring form (18-22 cm).
- Place the mass cold.
- Place the gelatine sheets in a bowl with cold water, let the sheets soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, icing sugar in a medium mixing bowl, stir it together using an electrical mixer.
- Squeeze the gelatine sheets from excess water. Melt the gelatine sheets in a cooking pot.
- Add the melted elatine into the cake mass, while you keep mixing to avoid lump formation.
- Divide the cream cheese mass into two portions.
- In the first portion stir in raspberry cordial.
- Whip the sour cream with using an electrical mixer, until the texture becomes stiff.
- Gentle stir in the melted ruby chocolate into the sour cream.
- Gentle mix the second cream cheese mixture with the sour cream mixture.
- Pour the two cream cheese mixture into the spring form, and mix the two masses together.
- Place the cake cold in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Serve the cake with a sweet glass of real champagne and say "Happy Valentine" :-)
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.