January 09, 2012

Marzipan cakes with clementine and Cointreau





I am doing "my best" to use the marzipan, which I got hold off in connection with Christmas. So this evening I decided to combine these two recipes (happy New Year and små marcipankager) from Sweet Nothing into these marzipan cakes with clementine and Cointreau. In these original recipes it is mandarins, which is being used, but I only had clementines, so I took the decision to exchange mandarins with clementines. And honestly I have no idea, what the difference is between these two fruit of citrus fruits !

Optional you could coat the bottom of the marzipan cake with melted dark chocolate. However, I am relaxed / lazy person, so I did not do this.

Marzipan cakes with clementine and Cointreau - 40 pieces
  • 500 g marzipan
  • 225 icing sugar
  • 1 egg white
  • peel of 2 clementine
  • 2 tablespoons of clementine juice
  • 2 tablespoons Cointreau
  • 40 hazelnuts
  1. Heat the oven (conventional) to 200'C
  2. Knead all the ingredients together with your hands.
  3. Use teaspoons for placing the marzipan mass on baking paper as small tops or use a pipping bag, if you have strong hands and arms. I never use silicone baking paper, when I am baking marzipan, as it quiet tricky to get the marzipan off after baking.
  4. Place a pomegranate kernel in each marzipan top.
  5. Bake in the middle of the oven at 200'C for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...