January 01, 2012

Happy New Year 2012




Happy New Year

to you from Hannibal the Cat and I. We hope you will get an exciting and healthy new year here in 2012 with more sunshine than rain and hurricanes.

Here in 2012 I hope I will make greater progress on baking my way through "Hjemmebagt". Baking 12 recipes per year, mean I will finish with this task of mine in 5 years time from now, so in the end of 2016 !!!! So one of my New Year´s resolution is to bake more than 12 recipes from "Hjemmebagt" here in 2012.

Another of my New Year´s resolution is also to become better at using the seasonal herbs, flowers and fruits, which you can collect for free in nature. I am quiet good in using the elder flowers, but ramson is still a unknown herb/green for me and my kitchen. I would also like to work more with sloe and elderberry here in 2012.

2011 was an active year in relation to putting the summer on bottle, and these activities I hope to continue here in 2012, making the necessary adjustments based on the sensory evaluation of the fruit alcohols of 2011 with the helping mouths of some great friends.

2011 was also the year, where the weather was behaving "better", when I invited friends for entertainment in my little "park" like afternoon tea in garden and barbecue evening with tea light. Hopeful 2012 will bring similar weather without rain for such out door "dining in" events in the garden.

In 2011 I also spend some time growing herbs, potatoes, tomatoes, apples, raspberries and fig in my kitchen garden, hopeful 2012 will bring more apples and figs than 2011, a more detailed satus can be seen here status on 2011 in my kitchen garden. I will also keep you updated in 2012 on the progress in my kitchen garden.

Christmas 2011 was a busy time here on the blog, as I decided to make my very own Christmas Calendar with daily post presenting eatable as well as drinkable Christmas food. I was having a lot of fun doing this, so even though that the out come of the review poll relating to the Christmas Calendar shows, that  3 persons out of 4 persons in total do not think I should spend time on making a 2012 version of such a Christmas Calendar, I will overrule this decisions of yours, as it is my kitchen and my blog and I am having great fun doing this !!!!!! So stay away from Kitchen of Kiki in December 2012, if you do not want to follow this Christmas Calendar.
So my third New Year´s resolution is to make a 2012 version of a Christmas Calendar, and I have already been thinking to have a theme on family recipes from around the world and/or Denmark, which work colleagues as well as friends would like to share with you in my little kitchen.

My rowing friends are really enjoying to go on rowing tours together with your decisions about the type of muffin or cake, which I should have been baking using the outcome of these "row cake polls". So please continue to vote on the "row cake polls" here in 2012.

As a final New Year´s resolution I would like to work more with different kinds of drinks and cocktails with and without alcohols in my kitchen, so CHEERS to all of you.


Kitchen status on 2011:


Review day: 1 January 2012
Recipes baked during 2011 from "Hjemmebagt": 12 accomplished
Amount of new cooking books in my kitchen: 5 new cooking book (54 books at end of 2011)
Page views in 2011: 16.969 (total page views of 17.206 at 31st December 2011)
Publish posts in 2011: 293 posts (total posts of 319 at 31st December 2011)

Hope you will drop by my kitchen on a regular basis in 2012 :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hej Karin ! Ligeledes godt nytår til jer i Horsens :-) Det lyder som en rigtig god ide at hjælpes ad med at samle og anvende årstidernes udvalg af frugt og grønt. Det vil jeg glæde mig til.

    Mange hilsner Kirsten

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...