January 14, 2012

Caramels with lavender



As I was making my very first of portion of caramel with liquorice a la Klidmoster, I thought, I would make my very own flower twist to these caramels based on honey and white chocolate using lavender honey and dried lavender.

Yesterday at work I gave my colleagues the option of tasting both the liquorice and lavender caramels. My foreign colleagues actual like these lavender caramels, and my French colleagues kept digging into the container with lavender caramels !!!

I used 1 teaspoon of dried lavender, which is to the more soapy side concerning the flavour profile, so I would recommend you to start with ½ teaspoon of lavender. I imaging, that a good girl friend of mine living in Horsens it going to have serious nightmares about, when she reads this specific posting. So I will already now write, that the last lavender caramels disappeared into my mouth yesterday evening.

The texture of these caramels were more to the soft side compared to the liquorice caramels, this is perhaps related to the applied honey ?


Caramels with liquorice:

  • 75 g lavender honey
  • 100 g white chocolate
  • ½-1 teaspoon dried lavender
  1. Melt the honey in a Microwave Plus pot at 20 seconds at 650 W in the microwave oven.
  2. Add the dried lavender into the honey, stir well.
  3. Add the white chocolate.
  4. Heat for 40 seconds at 650 W in the microwave oven.
  5. Stir in the mass.
  6. Heat for another 20 seconds at 650 W in the microwave oven.
  7. Stir very well this time. If the white chocolate is not melted now, give it another 5-10 seconds at 650 W.
  8. Line a container with baking paper.
  9. Pour the caramel mass into the container.
  10. Cool it down in the refrigerator for approx 1-1½ hours.
  11. Take the caramel mass out and cut into small pieces.
  12. Be brave and eat :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hej Karin ! Smagen af lavendel var på samme smagsniveau som mine lavendelmagrens, som du vist stadig mindes med skræk !! Hvad angår fennikel, så jeg overlader trygt fennikellen til dig og dit køkkken. Fennikel har fantastik duft, men smagen stemmer ikke overens med smagsløgene i min mund.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...