January 28, 2012

Banana-carrot-walnut muffin a la Country Living


I have found this muffin recipe in the November 2011 issue of Country Living magazine, which is one of my favourite English magazines. I usual get one of my English colleagues to bring me the latest issue, when she is coming to Denmark in connection with work, as foreign language magazines are more expensive to buy in Denmark compared to else where in Europe.

However, I decide to make these muffins, as I had some bananas in my little kitchen, which almost over-riped. And afterwards I noticed, that they does not contain any milk products, which means, that they perfect for picnic rows, as one of my rowing friends is sufferings from lactose intolerance.

Banana-carrot-walnut muffins: - 14 muffins

  • 250 g /cake) flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon ginger
  • ½ teaspoon all spices
  • 160 g dark muscovado sugar
  • 50 g walnuts - chopped
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 160 g rasp seed oil
  • 125 g carrots - grated
  • 2 (large) - 3 (medium size) very riped bananas - mashed
  1. Heat the oven to 200'C (conventional oven).
  2. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the spices and sugar, where any lumps have been broken down.
  3. Add the chopped walnuts.
  4. Add the oil and beaten egg and stir well together.
  5. Add the grated carrots and mashed bananas. Stir well again.
  6. Place the muffin dough in the muffin forms.
  7. Bake at 200'C for 20 minutes. Ensure, that the muffins are baked through out, before removing them from the oven.
  8. Cool down or place in the freezer for later use.
  9. Enjoy together with a nice cup of tea (or coffee).

2 comments:

  1. I love the banana, carrot and walnut combination. It's certainly a lovely weekend breakfast treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie ! I can tell you, that these muffins taste great, also after a cold walk in a snow covered landscape :-)

    Kiki

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...