January 29, 2012

Carrot-pasternak soup



I found this recipe on carrot soup in the issue 03/2012 of the weekly magazine "Femina", and as I had most of the ingredients I decided to test the soup, even though that I so fare never has tasted a carrot soup, which I actual liked !!!! And luckily for me, I really like this version of carrot soup, so I will make it another time again.

Next time I will increase the amount of fresh ginger and perhaps add either cumin or chili.

As I had some pasternak I decided to replace the potatoes with pasternak, and I also decided to double the amount of whipping cream in order to empty my freezer from a last frozen portion of whipping cream. When ever I have some leftovers of whipping cream I pour it into small 1 dl beakers and placed it in the freezer for later use in soups.

Carrot-pasternak soup: - 2 servings

  • 300 g carrots - sliced
  • 200 g pasternak - sliced
  • oil for frying
  • 1 onion in squares
  • 3 cloves of garlic - sliced 
  • 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger - grated
  • 8 dl of vegetable stock
  • ½-1 dl of whipping cream
  • juice of ½ lemon
  1. Saute the carrot and pasternak in oil in a cooking pot for 5-10 minutes.
  2. Add onion, garlic and ginger, and let it saute as well for 1-2 minutes
  3. Add the vegetable stock and let the soup boil under lid for 20 minutes.
  4. Blend the soup.
  5. Add the whipping cream and let the soup cook for another 5 minutes.
  6. Season with lemon juice, pepper and salt.
  7. Served the soup, topped with parsley, enjoy together with bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...