As preparation for my annual Christmas entertainment of local friends it is time to make various sweet treat with marzipan as main ingredients.
The first marzipan sweet treat is marzipan with liquorice and raspberry using a Odense Marcipan recipe. As it was impossible for buy the used liquorice marzipan anywhere here in Vejle, I decided to use plain marzipan with addition of liquorice flavouring instead off. I did my best to control the flavour addition in order not to scare my good friends in Horsens, which usually start to tremble from fear, when I using liquorice in my little kitchen !!!!
Marzipan with liquorice and raspberry: - 24 small marzipan pieces
- 150 g plain marzipan
- 1/8 teaspoon Dr. Oetker liquorice flavouring
- 2 tablespoon freeze-dried raspberries
- 150 g milk chocolate
- freeze-dried raspberries
- Knead marzipan, liquorice flavouring and raspberries together.
- Divide the marzipan portion into 24 smaller pieces, which is formed into bread shape.
- Temper the milk chocolate, maximum temperature is 33'C.
- Dip the marzipan bread into the melted chocolate.
- Place the chocolate marzipan pieces on a piece of baking paper.
- Sprinkle the marzipan pieces with freeze-dried raspberries.
- Let the chocolate hardened, before the marzipan pieces are stored in airtight container.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.