I have found this recipe on Christmas cookies with pickled ginger in the weekly magazine "Søndag". I made a few modification, as I did not have all the required ingredients in my kitchen. The taste of these cookies is just great.
Christmas cookies with pickled ginger: - 20 cookies
- 75 g milk chocolate - roughly chopped
- 50 g pickled ginger - finely chopped
- 170 g butter
- 220 g brown sugar
- 3/4 dl dark syrup
- 1 egg
- 275 g (cake) wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 cloves - mined in a molter
- Heat up the oven to 180'C fan oven.
- Whip the butter together with the brown sugar, dark syrup and egg.
- Add in the wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves, and whip until homogeneous.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate and ginger
- Use two teaspoon to place dough in a size of walnuts on baking tray covered to the baking parchment with a distance of 5-6 cm.
- Bake the cookied at 180'C for 12 minutes. After 6 minutes shift around with the baking tray to obtain an even baking.
- Cool down the cookies, before they are placed in an airtight container.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.