December 18, 2017

Christmas Calendar 2017 - Peppermint sweets


I have a bunch of people, which comes party crashing Wednesday for my annual Christmas coffee. I have been baking a lot some fare in December, and I will be creating some cakes in the coming 2 days, but I am a little low on the sweet treat side. Here I have found this recipe on peppermint sweets by Dr. Oetker.

I find the taste of peppermint too be to the low side, so i here I would recommend to increase the amount of peppermint extract from 3 teaspoons to 3½ teaspoons.

While I has mixing the various ingredients together, so I suddenly realized, that I did not have enough icing sugar !!! while most people would have been running off to the nearest supermarket, I grab my Bamix, which can turn caster sugar into icing sugar, when using the spice mill tool. Well, it can change the particle size, but it cannot change the colour from light brown into very white, so my peppermint sweets are not white in their colour.

Instead of using my hands for the rolling of the sticky sweet mass, I always use two teaspoons in order to make the individual sweets. This way you avoid to get messy hands and it is more easy to get a uniform size of each sweet.

Peppermint sweet:

  • 1 cup of pasteurised egg white
  • 3 teaspoons of peppermint extract
  • 400 g icing sugar
  1. Add the egg white and peppermint extract into a medium size mixing bowl. Stir it together.
  2. Add in the icing sugar little by little, while the mass is stirred between each addition.
  3. Keep adding in the icing mass, until the mass is firm, but still sticky.
  4. Place a piece of baking parchment on the kitchen tabletop.
  5. Use two teaspoons to form a smaller ball in the sizde of a hazel/walnut. 
  6. Place these ball on the baking parchment. Press them flat using the backside of a teaspoon, which is dipped into water from time to time, so the peppermint sweet does mot stick to the teaspoon.
  7. Leave the peppermint sweet to dry in the baking parchment for up to 24 hours, before they are stored in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...