For the people coming around this evening for the annual Christmas Coffee, I will be serving this mulled punch as the "gløgg" item. This mulled punch is without alcohol, as a lot of my guests will be driving.
I found the recipe in a small recipe booklet within the December issue of Good Housekeeping. I have only made a few modifications to the amount of added raspberries and the infusion, which I have extended from 5 minutes to almost 24 hours to get a much of the flavour of spices into the mulled punch.
Mulled cranberry & raspberry punch:
- 2 l of cranberry juice
- 225 g raspberries - frozen
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 cloves
- 2½ c, fresh ginger root - peeled and finely chopped
- 40 g sugar
- 1 orange - cut into halve
- 1 orange for garnish
- Add all the ingredients into a large cooking pot.
- Bring it to the boil, and let it simmer gently for 10 minutes. Keep the lid on.
- Place the cooking pot cold for 8-24 hours, so the spices can infuse the juice.
- Strain the content through a sieve.
- Press the fruit gentle to get all the juice out.
- Bring the liquid back into the cooking pot, and heat it up to the boiling point.
- Pour into glasses with is garnished with slices of orange.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.