Since I was a little girl I have been loving to eat buns with a combinations of raisins, orange peel and sucat. I have made a few modification to this recipe on kløben buns in form of addition of vanilla sugar and finely chopped pickled ginger.
I have also changed the raising method from cold and long time raising to warn and shorter raising time.
Kløben buns with pickled ginger:
- 200 g milk
- 10 g (fresh) yeast
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 500 g wheat flour
- 50 g orange peel
- 50 g sucat
- 75 g raisins
- 50 g pickled ginger - finely chopped
- 75 g butter
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk. Add egg, salt and sugar as well into the milk.
- Add the flour.
- Knead the dough together for 10 minutes.
- Let the dough rest warm for 4 hours.
- Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Knead the butter, orange peel, sucat and raisins into the dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 buns.
- Let the bun raise for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200'C (conventional oven)
- Coat the buns with egg (1 egg whipped together)
- Bake the buns at 200'C for 15 minutes.
- Serve the buns together with some butter !!!