I this recipe on cranberry sauce in a little recipe booklet from the magazine "Good Housekeeping, which I brought home with me from shopping exhibition to London. I made a few modifications, so it fitted to the amount of available cranberries as well as available ingredients in my kitchen.
Mulled cranberry & clementine sauce: - 4 servings
- 150 g fresh cranberries
- 80 g sugar
- 25 ml port wine
- 75 ml red wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 cm fresh ginger - peel and cut into 4 smaller pieces
- 4 organic clementines - zest of 1 clementine & juice of 4 clementines
- Wash the cranberries.
- Put all the ingredients into medium cooking pot.
- Bring the ingredients to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, and let the sauce simmer without lid for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove ½ the cranberries from the sauce. Remove the cinnamon stick as well as ginger pieces.
- Blend the remaining ingredients in the cooking pot together.
- Add the whole cranberries to the blend sauce.
- Bring the sauce to the boil.
- Pour the sauce into a serving bowl and served it as a side dish for the turkey breast.