At the annual Christmas coffee I served this pink glögg for my guests as part of the liquid menu. I have found this recipe the Christmas magazine being a part of the weekly magazine Søndag.
I have made a few changes to the recipe, which turned out pretty successful according to my guests. I reduced the amount of added vanilla pod, fresh ginger to half (the half amount of fresh ginger did still give enough of warming sensation). Instead of using hibiscus flower I used AquaRosa Tea from Kusmi.
As other suggestions for mulled wine/glögg you can also take a look at mulled white wine, pink glögg with pomegranate juice, apple glögg, mulled cherry & cranberry punch & Winter cider.
Pink glögg: - 4-6 serving
- 1 organic lemon - only the peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cardamon seeds
- 1 teaspoon rose pepper
- ½ vanilla pod - cut open
- 2 tablespoon Aqua Rosa tea from Kusmi
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petals
- 25 g fresh ginger - peeled and sliced
- 50 cl cranberry cordial
- 75 cl rose wine
- 1½ dl sugar
- Pour the cranberry cordial into the a cooking pot.
- Add in all the dried ingredients, and bring it to the boil.
- Remove the cooking pot from the stove, and place the cranberry cordial cold for 2-4 hours or night over.
- After the infusion time place the cooking pot on the stove and add in the rose wine, and bring the glögg to a gentle simmer.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.