I continue to bake for the Christmas coffee taking place later this week, this time is one of the Danish Christmas classic in form of "pepper nuts". "Pepper nuts" is a spiced small round cookie, where there is an extra addition of licorice, which is another typical Danish classic.
I have this recipe in a small leaflet, which I got together with the weekly magazine "Søndag".
You could also have a look at these recipes on "pepper nuts" licorice pepper nuts, giant pepper nut cookies, pepper nut muffins & pepper nuts a la Urtekram.
Pepper nut with licorice: - plenty
- 190 g butter - cut into smaller pieces
- 190 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark syrup
- 1½ teaspoon cardamon
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon licorice
- 1 egg
- 340 g wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 50 g white chocolate
- 1½ teaspoon licorice granulate
- Start by adding all the ingredients into the mixing bowl of the stand alone mixer.
- Knead the ingredients together. End by knead the dough by hand.
- Cover the dough with cling film and let the dough rest in refrigerator the night over.
- Heat up the oven to 200'C.
- Divide the dough into smaller pieces, which is rolled by hand into a small ball.
- Place the ball shape cookie on a baking tray covered with baking parchment.
- Bake the pepper nuts at 200'C for approx. 10 minutes.
- Let the pepper nuts cool down.
- Cut the white chocolate into medium size, which is melted.
- Dip the top of the pepper nuts into the white chocolate.
- Afterwards sprinkle the white chocolate with licorice granulate.
- Store in airtight containers.
Thanks for sharing good information.ReplyDelete
Promotional Products London
Chocolate Festival Box