I want to wish all of you a merry Christmas and thank you for dropping by on small visits to my little kitchen :-) I hope you have enjoyed your visit(s), few or many, here, being either a short browse or a long stay.
Today is the day of farewell to this year Christmas Calendar of 2018, which I hope have brought you joy during a perhaps stressful Christmas time. I have for sure got a kitchen full of Christmas goodies, when making all the many blog posts for this year´s Christmas Calendar.
Thank your for dropping by and have wonderful Christmas together with your family :-)
In case you want to serve to some type of mulled wine I hereby share the very last recipe from this year's Christmas Calendar with you. It is a recipe from the weekly magazine of Søndag (December 2018). I decided to add in less of the vanilla pod, as the prices on vanilla pods are gigantic nowadays.
Winter cider: - 10-12 servings
- 3 bottles of 75 cl apple cider (NOT the flavoured soft drink style of cider, but the real stuff)
- 9 cloves
- 3 star anise
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4½ tablespoon brown sugar
- muscat nut - grated - addition according to your taste preference
- ½ vanilla pod - both vanilla corns as well as pod
- Pour the apple cider into a medium-large cooking pot.
- Add in all the spices and sugar.
- Open up the ½ vanilla pod, remove the vanilla corns. Add both the vanilla corns as well as the vanilla pod into the cider mixture.
- Bring the cider and spices up in temperature, the cider should not be boiling.
- Pour the cider into glass and serve the cider warm.
- Cheers and merry Christmas :-)