I was the lucky winner of a big box of After Eight chocolate in connection with the Christmas present play at the annual Christmas lunch for the Stylish Women last week-end.
The easy part would be just to eat the chocolate. However, one of the Stylish Womnes mentioned, that she had seen a recipe, where the After Eight was used as fill in a marzipan sweet treat.
Therefore I have been looking for some recipe suggestion using After Eight in sweet treats, and here I have located this recipe by Anne au Chocolat.
I decided to cut the sweet treat as a classic afternoon tea sandwich to avoid, that the size of each sweet treat became to big. The drawback by cutting the through the After Eight chocolate is, that the peppermint filling start to run !!!
After Eight marzipan treat: - 30 pieces
- 15 pieces of After Eight chocolate
- 200 g marzipan
- Icing sugar for rolling of the marzipan
- 150-200 g dark chocolate
- Freeze-dried raspberry & chopped pistachio nuts for decoration
- Divide the marzipan into 2 portions. Roll each portion of marzipan , so 10 pieces of After Eight chocolate can be placed on the marzipan. Use icing sugar for dusting of the marzipan, so it does not stick to the rolling pin.
- Place the 15 pieces of After Eight in 3 rows of 5 pieces each on a bottom layer of marzipan. Cover the After Eight chocolate with the second marzipan layer.
- Use a knife to cut out 15 pieces of After Eight chocolate covered with marzipan on each side. Trim away left over marzipan.
- Divide each piece into two triangles.
- Temper the dark chocolate.
- Brush each piece of marzipan with melted tempered chocolate. Brush the sides and the top. Let the chocolate become solid.
- Turn the chocolate treat up-side down. Brush the uncovered side with melted tempered chocolate, which is sprinkled with cupped pistachio nuts and freeze-dried raspberries.
- Store in an air-tight container.