Well, if you have not managed to find the time yet for making your very own Christmas aquavita, when you still have time to make this version. This recipe is as well from the Christmas magazine being a part of the weekly magazine Søndag. This aqua vita only requires a storage time of 2-3 days, so this is still feasible to make for some the Christmas lunches taking place during the Christmas Days.
The only adjustment, which I made, was to replace the bitter orange peel with sucat, as I did not have any bitter orange peel available in my kitchen cupboards.
To make this portion of Christmas aqua vita I used the remaining ½ bottle of vodka after my experiment with apple aqua vita.
Aqua vita with Christmas spices: - ½ portion
- ½ bottle of vodka (35 cl)
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of sucat
- 4 cardamon seeds
- 1/4 cm fresh ginger - without peel and divided into smaller pieces
- Prepare the storage glass by adding boiling water to it.
- Empty the storage glass for the water.
- Add honey, sucat and the spices into the storage glass.
- Pour the vodka on top and close the glass.
- Place the storage dark for 2-3 days.
- Pass the vodka through a sieve in order to remove the sucat and spices.
- Pour the Christmas aqua vita into a glass bottle.
- Enjoy and merry Christman :-)