Let´s celebrate, that the Christmas vacation is nearly there and I so ready to go on vacation until the 2 January 2019. And what better to celebrate, when by serving a glass of bobbles.
I have found the recipe on apple & elderflower fizz in the December issue of Country Living. The only change I have made is to replace the elderflower liqueur with plain elderflower cordial, so it is more easy for people to count the amount of alcohol in these busy time of gathering, where alcohol is served.
If you have a lot of guests coming around, you can prepare the glasses by adding in the elderflower cordial and apple juice, before the guests actually arrive, so you only have to fill the glass with sparkling wine, as you the glass to the arriving guests.
Apple & Elderflower fizz: - 8 glasses
- 200 ml elderflower cordial
- 200 ml apple juice
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine
- Fill the elderflower and apple juice into champagne glasses
- Top up with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with slice of apple and sprig of mint - optional.
- Cheer and enjoy the Christmas vacation :-)