One of my favorite cream cakes is the walnut cream cake a la Svinkløv Badehotel, so I decided to make it more Christmas style for the recent Royal Christmas Afternoon Tea. The Christmas twist from my side was to use a mixture of walnuts and pecan nuts, replacing the dark chocolate with dark milk chocolate (due to personal preference), using chocolate cakes buns instead of plain cake buns and finally glazing the top cake bun with nougat instead of the coffee icing sugar layer.
Also the size was changed from the usual one big size to smaller portion servings. I used a glass to cut out from the big cake bun into the smaller size.
Walnut cream cake with Christmas twist: - 4 pieces
- 3 chocolate cake plates
- vanilla rum for brushing of the cake plates - optional
- 250 ml dairy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon home-made vanilla sugar
- 35 g walnuts - chopped
- 35 g pecan nuts - chopped
- 45 g dark milk chocolate - chopped
- 30 g nougat
- walnut - whole for decoration of the top layer
- Start by cutting out the cake buns using a glass, I got 4 smaller pieces out of each cake bun.
- Brush the cake bun with rum.
- Whip the dairy whipping cream with vanilla sugar into firm whipped cream.
- Gently stir in the chopped walnuts, pecan nuts and chocolate into the whipped cream.
- Place a cake plate on the serving plate. Place half of the cream cake filling on the cake plate.
- Place the second cake plate on top of the cream cake filling. Place the second half of the cream cake filling on the second cake plate.
- Place the third cake plate on the cream cake filling.
- Heat up the nougat in the microwave oven, so it becomes fluid and can be brush on top of the last top cake bun.
- Decorate the nougat glaze with one walnut per cake serving..
- Place the cream cake cold in the refrigerator for minimum 1 hour, for the cake to set up.
- Enjoy the cake with a good cup of coffee or tea.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.