Tomorrow it is Christmas Eve and here you can already prepare the classic Danish Christmas dessert ris a la mande today. I have for this year Christmas decided to turn this recipe into a more luxury version, as I am using more whipping cream and almond splits.
The rice porridge part of this traditional danish Christmas dessert can be a little challenging to make, as you very easy can burn the rice porridge. However, if you have Tupperware Easy Rice cooker, when you will no longer have this issue of burnt rice porridge.
Luxury rice pudding: - 2-3 portion
- 1½ dl porride rice
- 4½ dl water
- 1½ dl full-fat milk
- ½ vanilla pod
- 2 tabelspoon sugar
- almond split from 25 almonds without skin
- 2½ dl dairy whipping cream - 38% fat
- cherry sauce or cherries in rum
- Cook the rice and water in the EasyRice cooker in the microwave oven - 15 minutes - 800 W. Do NOT cook the rice porridge with the milk in the EasyRice cooker as you will damage your Tupperware plastic thing.
- Take the EasyRice cooker out of the microwave oven.
- Add the milk together with vanilla corns as well as the vanilla pod in the Mircroplus pot. Heat it up to the boiling point.
- Mix the warm milk with the rice in the EasyRice cooker and leave it for 10 minute. Also add sugar.
- After 10 minutes cold down the rice porridge.
- When the rice porridge is cooled down, remove the vanilla pod. If you can the whipped dairy cream in warm rice porridge, when the whipped cream will melt !!!
- Whipped the dairy whipping cream.
- Mix cold rice porridge, almond splits and cream together, gentle mixing.
- Heat up the cherry sauce.
- Serve and enjoy :-) Happy Christmas :-)
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.