If you are on look out for some very easy sweet treat to make for Christmas, when these pieces of nougat are extremely easy to make. The preparation time is limited to a max 5 minutes, and you do not even get dirty hands !!! followed by a setting time of around 2-3 hours.
I have previous been making these nougat confect. However, this Christmas I decided to twist the recipe by adding in some pecan nuts and by decorating with a hazel nut on the top.
Nougat confect withh pecan nuts: - 19 pieces
- 100 g soft nougat
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 50 g pecan nuts - fine-medium chopped
- 19 hazel nuts for decoration - optional
- tempered dark chocolate for the addition of the hazel nuts
- Melt the nougat and dark chocolate in the microwave oven little by little, so the chocolate is not burned.
- Stir in the chopped pecan nuts into the nougat mass.
- Fill the mass into a candy silicone form.
- Store the form in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, until the nougat is firm again.
- Remove the nougat from the silicone form.
- Temper the dark chocolate. Use the chocolate as "glue" to add the hazel nuts as decoration on top of the nougat confect.
- Store the nougat in refrigerator in an air-tight container.