Recently I had various guests coming around for some coffee/tea in the run up for Christmas. Beside from serving Christmas buns I also decided to make a cream cake using cherry sauce. Cherry sauce is a very important ingredient for the Christmas dessert Ris a la mande, so perhaps if you have some leftovers of cherry sauce you can use for making a cream cake.
Cream cake with cherry sauce: - 10-12 pieces
- 3 cake plates
- 500 g cherry sauce
- 4 sheets of gelatine
- ½ l vanilla cream
- 250 ml dairy whipping cream
- amarena cherry sauce for the icing layer
- icing sugar
- amarena cherries for decoration - optional
- Place one of the cake plate as bottom layer in spring form.
- Place the gelatine sheets in a bowl with cold water, let the sheets soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cherry sauce in a cooking pot. Heat up the sauce to 35-40'C.
- Squeeze the gelatine sheets for excess water. Add the gelatine sheets into the cherry sauce. Stir the sauce, until the gelatine sheets are melted into the sauce.
- Fill the cherry sauce on top of the cake plate.
- Store the cherry sauce covered cake plate in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or night over.
- Make the vanilla cream.
- Remove the cherry sauce coated cake plate from the spring form. Place it on the serving plate.
- Add ½ of the vanilla cream on top of the cherry sauce layer.
- Place a cake plate on top of the vanilla cream.
- Fill the remaining vanilla cream on top of the cake plate. Place the final cake plate on top of the vanilla cream.
- Make an incing layer from amarena cherry sauce liquid and incing sugar.
- Cover the top cake in this cherry icing. Decorate with amarena cherries.
- Decorate the sides of the cream cake with whipped dairy cream.
- Place the cream cake cold until serving.
- Enjoy the cake with a good cup of coffee or tea.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.