Today it is Easter Sunday, which is the fourth day in the Danish Easter vacation.
And to day it is time to bake some cookies. I found this recipe on the weekly magazine "Hendes Verden" issue 15/2020, which I brought do to some knitting recipes on light sweater.
However, I also locate this recipe on a giant Easter cookie, which should be baked in the shape of an egg. However, in these times of corona virus I decided to bake this cookies as individual cookies.
Otherwise I have made no changes to the recipe. I find it to be a very good basic cookie recipe, which I easily think could be used for other types of cookies with addition of spices like cinnamon and other ingredients like raisins. Or change the sugar from plain sugar to brown sugar or muscavado sugar.
Easter cookies: - 25 cookies
- 100 g butter - soft
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons of syrup
- 1 egg
- 125 g (cake) wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 120 g (fine) oat flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bag of chocolate coated almonds
- Heat up the fan oven to 170'C.
- Whip the sugar, syrup and butter together with an electrical whipper.
- Add in the egg, and whip for 1 minute.
- Add in the flour, salt, vanilla sugar, baking soda and oat flakes.
- Whip for another 2 minutes.
- Cover two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Use two teaspoons to place the cookie dough on the baking tray with distance between each other.
- Bake the cookies at 170'C for appox 15 minutes. After 8 minutes baking turn around with the baking trays to get an even baking.
- Right after baking press a chocolate coated almond down into each cookie.
- Cool down the cookie.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy with cup of tea/coffee :-)
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.