I have found this cake recipe in the July 2012 issue of Country Living and as big portions of blueberry are cheap to buy at the time being, I decided to test out this cake recipe. And it was highly appreciated by my fellow rowers, as I took it with me yesterday on a picnic row on the fjords of Kolding & Gamborg incl a tour around the little island of Fænø.
It was perfect to spend yesterday on the water, as the day was quiet sunny and warm. And the cake as enjoyed after a cooling down swim in the fjord of Kolding.
Blueberry and hazelnut blondies a la Country Living:
- 175 g butter - soft
- 175 g sugar
- 175 g light brown Muscovado sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon home-made vanilla sugar
- 225 g (cake) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75-100 g hazelnut - roasted and roughly chopped
- 150 g blueberries
- 100 g white chocolate - finely chopped
- Heat the (conventional) oven to 200'C.
- Beat together the sugars and butter until soft, fluffy and lighter in colour
- Beat in the egg one by one.
- Beat in the vanilla sugar and baking powder.
- Fold in the flour in the cake dough.
- Fold in the blueberries and white chocolate.
- Fill the cake dough into a 20x30 cm baking tray, greased with oil or soft butter. Soften the top of the dough.
- Bake the cake at 200'C for 30 minutes in the middle of the oven. A cake tester should still have a little amount of dough clinging to it.
- Leave the cake to cool down in the baking tray.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.