I have found this tomato pie recipe in the newsletter for week 32/2012, which follows with my weekly vegetable box from Årstiderne.
This tomato pie is so easy make and it has a great taste. You should try it out yourselves. It is a great way of keeping your tomatoes at bay, if you have a greenhouse full of tomatoes.
- 1 roll of ready-to-use pie dough
- 1 onion - sliced thinly
- 3 cloves of garlic - sliced thinly
- 500 g tomatoes - roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano - chopped
- salt and pepper
- 50 g sour cream - 18% fat
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 50 g Parmesan cheese - grated
- Heat the (conventional) oven to 200'C.
- Place the pie dough in a pie form, lined it with baking paper and fill pie peas on top.
- Bake the pie dough at 200'C for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the onion, tomatoes and oregano together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whip sour cream, egg and mustard together.
- Remove the pie peas and baking paper from the pie dough.
- Fill in the sour cream - egg - mustard mix into the pie,
- Add the tomato mix on top, followed by Parmesan cheese
- Bake the pie at 200'C for 40 minutes.
- Serve this tomato pie warm or cold.
That does sound delicious! I buy all my tomatoes so I'll be shopping for some fresh ones next time to make this.ReplyDelete
Hi - hope it will taste just as great in your kitchen as in mine.Delete
Enjoy it :-)Kiki